Men can only be equal on the Day we are all Equal,

"the truth is not always Beautiful, nor beautiful Words the truth"

Lao Tzu

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.”

Albert Pine

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I Am Told

I have been having the same conversation it seems For ever with people sometimes the same people and sometimes with different people the conversation is in dealing with the Homeless problem in this country I am told we need your input I am told people need to hear what you have to say.
Well I am here to tell you they in no way need to hear it, what they need to do is really listen to what it is I am saying,I do not think that all these great minds we now have and have had addressing the problem, fail to address the one point that matters most,where in the name of God is the money going that has been for years thrown at the problem I don't know if it is peoples fear that keeps them from addressing this issue or if it is that they truly believe that what they are doing is going to change it all.
No matter what they reality of their feelings on the subject you must step back and ask, what are we now doing and what can we do.because what we are not doing is making change, if every few years a new wonderful way of thinking comes on the scene and everyone rallies round the new flag, what makes anyone think change is going to take place as long as cities counties and help organizations are given free reign to exploit the problem?
It was over 300billion dollars last year 2009-1010 that was thrown at the problem and it grew exponentially.in 2010-September of 2011 fiscal yr it is estimated that another 423billion will have been spent on solutions a total of 723billion dollars and know one not the housing and urban development dept, non profit grant recipients,cities,states or county,officials have been ask to account why the problem still exist ,so to you who are trying the next big thing I truly wish you luck, but without you bothering to ask this question I fear that I will in three yrs be back here having this conversation with a new and bright mindset willing to try their next big theory.
so to those of you in the private sector that wish to help call you local politicians and your state representatives and ask them why is their no accountability to all these departments of government and of the help organizations that are funded year after year to fix this problem, or not, its your money to waste as you want,I just wonder if you really thought about it as is your money helping the homeless problem or is it helping the homeless helpers,because I can tell you people who make a living off of the homeless aren't the one's sleeping outside and praying for God to spare them from the elements. they are not the one's hoping for a hot meal at some time during the week and they are not the one's who are only allowed to drop in once a week for a shower and once a month for clean clothes,And I am one man who is tired of questioning them and being treated as if I am a disturbance and told don't come back here for a shower or you can only get food to Go from now on,but God bless you for all of the men and women who depend on these services for their existence,I just think they deserve better than to just exist.
But exist we shall and and if that be our lot in life we shall be here that in your future giving we might avail ourselves to be exploited by those you support even further, and again I say as Long as men continue to profit from the homeless there will continue to be the Homeless.
I wish I still had My head back there in the sand,Not knowing the truth had its advantages God bless you for God loves a cheerful giver..and I love you for the Heart you have given to us all in your quest for a fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be Civil please